Wednesday 6 October 2010

What I will be doing in my coursework and idea generating

For this piece of coursework the options are:
- To create a short film (lasting approximately 5 minutes)
- An extract from a documentary

I have decided to make a film because I believe their is more to work with in a film and wouls get the better marks.

To decide what film I want to make, I looked at Youtube and Google and have created a brainstorm of the genres in which I can use.





From this list of genres I have eliminated any genres which I am not particularly interested in because I feel that I will enjoy and get better milage out of a genre which I enjoy. One of my favourite films is "One Missed Call" which is a horror film, the reason I enjoy it so much is because of having to think about whats going on on-screen and try and work it out as the film is progressing then come to a conclusion at the end. A horror/ suspense film will enable me to create a similar connection between the audience and the film as they are intruiged like I was inOne Missed Call. A horror/ suspense film is more preferable than a romantic comedy because I believe I can create a greater audience/film relationship and be able to make a better film in the horror/suspense genre.



I have used Google to help my research to come up with ideas:



http://www.kristofcreative.com/learning/production/film/36-dramatic-situations.shtml



Next, I have brainstormed some ideas for the genres I have selected. These are:



- Horror



- Thriller



- Suspense





This is my main idea:
Introduction:
Screaming, shouting, crying and running through woodland looking behind.

Middle:
Police interrogation

Ending:
Person being put into a cell (mental health?) and sobbing at the door.



No comments:

Post a Comment